*NOTE: DATE CHANGE *
08/06/20 5:30pm Architectural Heritage Center
This event is for anyone seeking guidance & inspiration for selecting colors and finishes for the spaces they spend their time in, students to homeowners to anyone feeling “stuck”, frustrated or intimidated by color and materials choices.
Mixing pattern, color and texture can result in discord and chaos. Learn from a designer’s perspective how to use bold color, rich patterns, and different textures without overdoing it. Get insider tips on when you can hit the gas with color, pattern and texture and learn when to put on the brakes.
The evening starts with an informal happy ½ hour before Miller Paint’s Puji Sherer (color marketing manager) and Karen Keller (wallpaper queen) introduce their offerings, services and recommendations.
ARCIFORM’s Anne De Wolf (principal designer and co-owner) will then speak about:
- Taking architectural cues from your home to inform color/material choices
- How your natural & electric lights can affect color/material choices
- Sequencing selection of materials & how one choice can inspire the other
- How color & lighting can influence each other and also your mood!
- Creating a unifying color palette for your spaces
Attendees will then have time to create a mood board for a room that needs help.
- We will provide a board, tape, scissors, glue
- Miller will provide paint and wallpaper samples
- Attendees should bring photos, inspiration images, swatches, materials samples, sketches and anything other inspiring objects for this room
- Anne, Puji, & Karen will answer questions & give ideas throughout the activity
Date and Time
NOTE: DATE CHANGE